Sunny the Coaster
This Toyota Coaster bus was, in its previous life, a St Bernards College school bus.
The owner prior to bringing it to me had stripped out the seats and headlining etc. and had it back to its bare bones.
The plan for this bus was to create a light bright and homely feel for the owner to travel and work on the road with her young son.
The colour palette of the interior of the bus borrowed elements from the Australian native outdoors with a sage/eucalypt colour cabinetry in the kitchen paired with white, birch ply and Tasmanian Oak feature screen.
We worked together to create a floor plan that accommodated all the required necessities of the bus as a comfy home on wheels. It features a curved L shaped couch (client organising cushions due to lockdown wait times), galley style kitchen along drivers side of bus and large 190L Bushman Fridge in cavity with overhead storage. The dinette seating area houses storage underneath seats and also ducting for 12v Diesel heater. It also converts to a small bed for a child with the table easily dropping down to form a small single bed. This area is zoned from the double bed area by a Tasmanian Oak screen which doubles as a backrest for the dinette and quickly became the feature of the bus fit-out.
Under the Bed is a garage style area accessed from the rear door of the bus which has storage area, area for battery system, Diesel heater, gas storage box accessed from external, Hot water system and shower box also accessed from external.
It features a hardwood engineered flooring which we use in most builds which is a 15mm board comprised of 10mm birch ply and a 5mm Oak veneer. This timber flooring gives elegant style and class but also a hardwearing durable finish.
The bus is insulated with Car Builders insulation system and includes car builder sound deadener to reduce vibration and excessive noise.
See below for a full list of specs.
Car Builders sound deadener and insulation system
- 120ah AGM Battery system powered by Red ARC DCDC Charger, 220W of rooftop solar and plug in point at rear of vehicle for additional solar panels.
- 110L Fresh water installed
- 55 L Grey water.
- Camec Instant Hot water Unit
- Tank gauges for fresh and Grey
- Electric pump 11litres per minute (Flojet)
- Tank filler point
- External shower box
- Gas storage box for 2 x 4L LPG gas bottles
- Gooseneck tap
- Large round sink
- Diesel heater
- Internal down lights and strip lighting under overheads.
- Thetford 2 burner cooktop.
- MaxxFan Deluxe with remote
- Installation of skylight
- Shiplap style ceiling lining and painting
- Thetford Porta Potti 345 toilet
- Install of Bushman 190L Fridge and cavity unit including over head cupboard above
- Dinette seating area with Nuova Mapa table
- Couch area.
- Double bed
- Ample Blum drawer storage
- 2 pack painted panels for kitchen
- Full height pantry unit.
- Birch ply overhead cabinetry with Blum lifts
- Engineered hardwood flooring throughout. - Lightweight Mitchlite board cabinetry throughout for all carcass construction
- Laminated birch ply kitchen bench
- RV labs latching handles on cupboards, drawers, and hidden latches for overhead cupboards.
- Install of extra seat